Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Check it OUT

Alright the past few day our team has been going up to the campus "A LOT" and it has been exciting. School starts in about 2 weeks and we are already seeing first year students arriving on campus. Our team along with 6 other volunteer missionaries from the states (Silver Dale Baptist Church, TN) have been diligently meeting people, getting to know them, inviting them to church, and the asking them hard questions. All with in the time we initiate conversation till as long as they can talk. I do make sure I find a moment to ask the questions before they or I have to go. The questions really aren't hard. They follow: Do you know what happen after we die? For the most part I get a lot of different answers, but the most common answer is "Heaven." However, Then I ask the question, how do YOU believe YOU get to heaven? I have only a few answers and the most (98% of the time) is by doing good things. I let them go from there and I ask them to share with me what they believe in. Commonly, I receive two answers Muslim or Christian. Rarely do I receive " I am a born again Christian" and if I do, I tell them of ministries that they are welcome to get involved in, as well as, sharing the names of college Tanzania church leaders, then I move on to inviting them to a bible study and then moving on. Yet if they say Muslim or Christian, I take a moment for them to explain what it means to be a Muslim or a Christian.  Usually about 9 out of 10 times I get an answer like "If I do good thing, I will go to Heaven." After a while, I ask them If I can share what I believe. Tanzanians love to talk so they always say "YES", it hasn't failed once. So I share. If they has said they were a Christian I go strait to Jesus and the bible using verse and stories I have memorized. I share what it means to be saved and works ain't cuttin' it. JESUS! Ok now a Muslim is different. In the past 3 days I have met 4 Muslims and now have to take a moment and tell you about an approach  that has been super successful. It's called the Camel Method, look it up. Okay the camel part is stupid, but the study takes you through the Quran, Muslim book, and so them what is said about Jesus. Look it up guys it is worth it, please trust me on this topic. So the idea is to us Arabic terms, because that is what the have been taught, and share them the Gospel. I did that every time and I haven't had one person receive Christ, but I am starting a Bible study with all 3 of the guys and one of the team members is starting it with the other Muslim. This is how The GOD ALMIGHTY works. It is crazy. 2 of the Muslims are more interested  the Gospel than the Qu'ran. It is so FRICKEN COOL. I am sharing this because I want to encourage everyone that reads this blog to tell people the Gospel. For real it is crazy, Our God will take over the conversation. I love you all and I am praying for all of you daily.
George

3 comments:

ashley3_16 said...

It is so humbling to hear you mention that you have not had one person recieve Christ. It is always good to remember that it is not our job to make them walk through the door God has open for them, just to lead them to it. It is also great to hear how you are still focused on what God has for you to do. I would have loved to have been there when you were asking those questions. It is amazing how many people carry the title Christian yet they don't have the Jesus factor! You are in my prayers. I am so excited for you guys.

<>< Ashley

demarest6 said...

We are all praying for you everyday! Chip and Matt you are great examples of picking up your cross each day for Christ. I am so excited for you and remember, God will use it all for his Glory. xoxo

Life In Costa Rica said...

Thank you very much