Friday, September 26, 2008

Here's and Update

Church, Family, and Friends.
Thank you all for your commitment in praying for Matt and I. Thank you for your prayers regarding my family. They are doing better, praise God. I want to tell you how we are doing and what we are doing. I guess the best way to explain what we are doing is meeting students, sharing the Gospel, and disciple. It sound easier than it is of course. The idea is to befriend the student to disciple. That is probably the hardest part, bet not that difficult. It is easy to go up and share the Gospel, I think the biggest fear of sharing the Gospel, at the least with me, is my own insecurity and knowledge of the Gospel. Then I realize, while share, I know a lot more than I think. That, or the Lord really intercedes. Whatever the case is it is working. I am currently discipling two Students. Bill Dhieu an Peter Maha. I ask that you all please pray for them and there understanding. Bill is from Sudan and is a Born again Christian, for those that dont understand the difference. Here is Africa, like America there are Christians and then Born again Christians. Christians usually don't understand Salvation with Jesus and they are uninformed of what the Bible says. Born again Christians are Believers and the understand that Jesus paid our price for our sin because we can't. Bill and I are currently going through Romans, along with his roommate. Please pray for the wisdom to share the lords words with both of them. Peter however, I am not sure if he is a Born again Christians or not. He goes to a really religious Church off campus, that preach a Prosperity Gospel. I felt the lord directing me to go over Ephesians with Peter. I hope to help break down the walls of Religious understanding to share with him, Works gets us know where, yet faith does, and that is Faith in Jesus the Christ. I am currently trying to disciple two other students that I just met, Makemie and Boniphase. They are really cool guys and after sharing the Gospel they wanted to here more about the Bible. I don't know what direction the lord is leading me in with them, Yet I have faith his will, will be done.
I must tell you all that this part of Africa is not a whole lot different than some areas in America. The same ministry I am doing here I can do back home and I do for those that know me. But one thing that I must let you understand that I have notice is in America we have resource everywhere. If someone doesn't understand something they can go to educators or libraries and when it come to the Bible this is true. A lot of churches here do not have the resources like we do back home. Many people have several Bibles back home and all kinds of documents that make it easier to understand Scripture. Here this is very rare. Sure Bibles are sold here, but there isn't as many people to help explain the Bible. This is why I believe a lot of Africans, even non-Christian Africans desire to here more about the Bible. So it is good thing there are many missionaries that are coming from all around the world to help share this knowledge. I must say, however, the term missionary needs to be redefined. I believe all believers are called to be missionaries. Whether they are missionaries at work, school, rec, dinner, anywhere. Paul never gave up the opprutunity to share the Gospel and I believe we should, even though I know Im just as guilty as the next.
I love you all and I am praying for all of you back home, for the economy, family, church, and school.
George

5 comments:

demarest6 said...

Hey Guys,

Laura here! I think about you everyday and I promise we take your prayer requests seriously. We are praying. As a 41 year-old woman I think about what you have sacrificed as young men to do for the Lord and it blows my mind. You are inspiring! I don't use all the tools you spoke of and your blog made me think about all I take for granted. We are so spoiled, thank you for opening my eyes to more truth. You are a blessing to the people of Africa, even if they don't know it yet! You are a blessing to us--and we do know it. Love you guys and pray for continued blessings, each time you share the gospel a seed is planted and the Lord will harvest it-maybe not while you are there but scripture tells us that his word will not come back void--xoxo

Heintz's said...

Dear Chip and Matt,

This is the first time I have had the opportunity to get on and read your blog. What a blessing I have received, seeing how God is working in your lives, and placing other young people in your life that you can minister to and share our saviors story, which is our story, because it is all about HIM.
I think of both of you often and please know carol and I are praying for you daily. I pray God's richest blessings on your labor.

Bird said...

Chip & Matt:

Sounds like you guys are truly following the Lord! Keep up the great work! We are praying for you and thinking about you often. We are proud of you and know you are growing in ways we can not imagine. Enjoy the time you spend in Africa because it is clearly a defining moment for each of you.

We miss seeing you guys in church but we know you are doing wonderful work for the Lord!

Our Sunday School class is praying for you and we talk about you regularly.

When you are missing the church, just think of me shaking your hand.... but this time I am not squeezing until you scream.

Rob Bird

Nancy Lance said...

Hi Guys,
This is a test! Love you.

Nancy Lance said...

Hi Chip and Matt, Wired says Hi!!!!!!!! So glad to finally connect, I have tired but it would not go thru, Laura D has helped and made it possible. WOW!!!!!!!!!! We serve a GREAT and MIGHTY GOD!!! He has already done and doing a big work in your hearts, and its only the beginning. Here you are just two willing young men that have left your comforts and THINGS to serve and taste the heart of God, this is a wonderful example of Come, follow me, and i will make you fishers of men. Im sure the Lord is well pleased with your decision, you stepped out in faith! It also reminds me of" I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone that believes." Hey ,continue to be strong in the Spirit of God , and stand bodly for the truth! Praying for you guys. Blessings, and Blessings, Your sisiter In Christ, nancy