Sunday, September 14, 2008

Keeping U Updated

Hey all! Things are going here in Dar, moving write along. I was given a great idea that I thought I would do. We have been meeting students and I want to give you some names, that if you wish you could pray for them. Mjema is a student and he seems to be a pretty cool guy. He has asked if I would share the Bible with him, so that if he sees what it says, maybe he will believe. Mjema is a Muslim, and like many of you know September is a holy month and we are joining the millions of prayers for the lord to reach out to Muslims. Mjema is wanting to know more after I sat down with him and shared the Gospel with him. The Lord is working on him and I would love if you all could pray for him. Another guy is Peter Maha, he is a Roman Catholic. When I sat with him and shared the Gospel, he said that that is what he believed. Yet, when I asked him about how do we get to spend eternal life with God. He said by doing Good things. I shared with him some stuff about what the Bible says to show Peter that no good deed will help us get to Heaven. Peter has shown interest in coming to church and it seems like we maybe able to do a Bible study together. This way we can go through the Lords word and understand his will for our lives. Matt has been talking to Micheal, another guy, who is Roman Catholic but it is questionable of what he believes. It is not uncommon to hear that people are a Christian but the don't understand what a Christian is. He has a best friend that is Muslim, we would like you all to pray for him too. I don't know his name, but the guy likes us. Pray for Hashim and Habib, who are some students Joel is talking with. They are Muslims but they seem to be interested in the Gospel. Those are a couple of guys we could use some prayer for. Also Peter Tumaini and Plus Abraham are two guys that the Tennessee Volunteer mission team hooked us up with. I know know thing about them but this week I hope to get a hold of them. I will try and keep you all up dated on more prayer requests.
Also we are having trouble with the VISA's still and it looks like we will be traveling to Kenya for a day to renew our current VISA's. That is something you can pray about, and we would be very grateful. Kenya is a days bus ride away and the roads are nothing like back home. Also please pray for my Mom, she is going through a really rough time, for many reasons. I am sure she could use some encouragement too. Matt's dad seem to be doing awesome but pray for him to, Matt is a great son and I'm sure he is missed by his dad.
Church we are praying for you all so much too, and we thank you all for helping us serve the Lord and meet Him here in Tanzania. Keep us updated on how we can pray for you all. The Lord doesn't stop, therefore neither shall we. Thank you Church for praying for us, your encouraging thoughts have helped us get through trouble times. Thank you for being awesome. We love you all.
George

No comments: