Sunday, September 7, 2008

Think About This

All our lives what do we desire? Aren't we significant enough to know our own desires? Look at this, we have two ideas that filter through our mind daily, hourly, and every second of our life here on Earth. Those ideas are NEEDS and WANTS. Every decision is made by what we need or what we want. We need so much don't we? We need food, water, clothes, air, and money, right? No, not all. Yesterday, I was reminded of a story where Jesus is talking to a women. A women that no man of His stature, among Jew, should ever be talking to. This women comes seeking water. Do you blame her? Water is a puzzle piece to life, yet, Jesus say she WANTS water, and what she NEEDS no well can provide. She needs living water. Thats so true. Jesus time and time again tells us that our needs, these things that we feel like we need so bad, i.e. (monetary) DVD's, big screen TV's, cars or trucks, a new book, a women to be with, desires, kids, honestly sexual activity, love, ownership, food... water. Yet, needs are not needs at all. I want a wife, I want to have sex, I want to have a kid, I want to adopt, I want a dog, I want to finish school with high honors, I want my family to be fully devoted followers of Christ, I want the church to have to say sorry to the Blood Mobiles , because our members cant give blood because so many of them have been on mission in the must horrific locations in the world. Yet, The Teacher says, "Everything is meaningless, utterly meaningless..."Pleasure is meaningless", "Wisdom is meaningless", "Riches are meaningless." there is truth behind theses words. Oh boy, I want pleasure, yet it does nothing for me, I want wisdom, yet it does nothing, I want riches, and yet it does nothing. Why then do I feel like I need these things. I know I'm not alone, you reading this want the same thing. It doesn't matter if your some suit wearing, bible carrying Christian, or some crack freak on the street, you want these meaningless thing that we collectively feel are needs. "God I wish those were needs, how awesome that would be." Aren't we foolish, it sucks but so true. This women wanted water that she felt like she needed and Jesus laid the smack down on her and said she need life. Philippians 4:19 says " And my God will meet all your NEEDS according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
We have a guy that wants us to give him money, 100 US dollars, thats 120,000 Shillings, He said the $100 will meet his needs. No, No, No, none of us guys gave him the $100 dollars, we gave him a job and paid him what little we had, but never did we just give him money. Jesus didn't gave this women life, we share life with this worker and I don;t know his next step, but he has heard it, he knows. Our only need is Christ. "My God will meet all "MY" needs according to HIS glories riches in Christ Jesus." It sucks but we don't need anything but Christ. He will not ever reward us for anything by our desire, in doing good deeds. He will bless by His riches, not mine.
Heres the thing though we have to WANT what we NEED and not NEED what we WANT. If we NEED are relationship with Christ Jesus, then We need to stop needing what we want and start wanting what we NEED, the salvation of Jesus. Matthew 16:25 says (Jesus talking) "For whoever WANTS to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. Jesus is it and our life is lost to our desire, truly we want desire that in the end do not give us life,l but failure, broke hearted, depressed, upset, frustrated, hateful, and FAKE. I can sit here and continue in showing you who much God desires life for us, salvation for, us all. JOHN 3:16, For God so loved the world..... It's crazy but we can do either two things continuing NEEDING the things we WANT, or WANT the THING we NEED. I love you all to much to sit here time an time and tell you how cool it is here, because I will be the first to tell you IT SUCKS, IT REALLY SUCKS, But I am not here to fulfill some desire, I am here to serve the true God, Savior Jesus and I have to start, I love you all so much that I am telling you its a what you need, Jesus and you have to want it because if you don't things may look great, but only from the outside. Please family, friends, church, students turn form your love for the wants of the world and Love the NEED of the world. For it all is meaningless with out God, don;t lie to your self any more, Love the one who loved you FIRST and Will love you LAST. I love you all, thank you for reading what has been on my heart for the past weeks. I miss you all and hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

demarest6 said...

Matt/Chip-
We continue to pray for you and the group you are with. God is so good and his love for you is greater than anything. How are the amoebas? Are you feeling good? We miss you at church, I never realized just how much seeing your face means to me!!! Serve the Lord with joy and know that you are making a difference for his kingdom.